Terms and Conditions Governing POSB National School Savings Campaign (“Campaign”)
1. The Campaign period shall last from 02 February 2015 until further notice (“Campaign Period”).
2. The Campaign is open to all existing and new DBS/POSB customers. For customers who are minors below 18 years
old, their parents or legal guardians consent to these Terms and Conditions on their behalf.
3. To participate in the Campaign, the customers must, during the Campaign Period:
a) complete the official POSB Smiley Savings Card (“Smiley Savings Card”); and
b) drop the completed Smiley Savings Card (i.e. with 20 Smiley stamps affixed) into any of the POSB/DBS Quick
Cheque Deposit box.
4. The Smiley Stamp value will be credited to the customer’s Current or Savings Account (“CASA”) within 5 business days
after the Smiley Savings Card is dropped into any DBS/POSB Quick Cheque Deposit box, provided that the CASA is not
closed, frozen or suspended at the point of crediting.
5. Each customer who fulfills the criteria in Clause 3 will qualify to earn a 10% bonus savings (“Bonus Savings”) based on
the total stamp value, subject to maximum of one 1 Bonus Savings per month, provided that the CASA to receive the
Bonus Savings is a POSBkids Account. Please refer to the example below for illustration.
Customer A completed a Smiley Savings Card and dropped it into a DBS/POSB Quick Cheque Deposit box and
CASA indicated on Smiley Savings Card is a POSBkids Account and the total Smiley Stamp value is S$10.
Bonus Savings earned by Customer A is as follows: S$10.00*10% = S$1.00
Total value credited to Customer A’s POSBkids Account is S$11 (S$10 total Smiley Stamp Value + S$1 Bonus
Customer B completed a Smiley Savings Card and dropped it into a DBS/POSB Quick Cheque Deposit box and
CASA indicated on Smiley Savings Card is a non-POSBkids Account and the total Smiley Stamp value is S$10.
Total value credited to Customer B’s CASA is S$10.00.
6. The Bonus Savings will be credited to the customer’s POSBkids Account within 45 days after the crediting of the Smiley
Stamp value provided that the POSBkids Account is not closed, frozen or suspended at the point of crediting.
7. There is no restriction on the number of Smiley Savings Cards a customer is allowed to complete during the Campaign
8. If the customer did not indicate any account number for crediting, DBS will credit the Smiley Stamp value into any of the
customer’s personal/joint DBS/POSB account, based on the customer’s name and birth certificate/passport number
provided on the Smiley Savings Card.
9. Any Smiley Savings Card which is rejected due to invalid information on the card, mutilated stamps or any other reason
as DBS may reasonably determine will be sent back to the mailing address indicated on the Smiley Savings Card or per
10. Each customer consents to DBS disclosing his/her name, NRIC/passport number or any of his/her personal information
to any third party DBS may reasonably consider appropriate or necessary in connection with the Campaign. The
customers consent under the Personal Data Protection Act (Cap 26 of 2012) to the collection, use and disclosure of the
customers’ personal data by/to DBS and such other third party for the purpose of the Campaign and the customers
found at www.posb.com.sg. If the customer is a minor who is below 13 years old, his/her parent or legal guardian
consents to the collection, use and disclosure of the customer’s personal data in accordance with this clause on his/her
11. Dropping the Smiley Savings Card into a DBS/POSB Quick Cheque Deposit box is not proof of receipt of the same by
12. DBS reserves the right to substitute or replace the Bonus Savings with another gift of similar value without prior notice or
liability to any party.
13. Non-Smiley stamps are not valid for the purpose of participating in the Campaign. DBS reserves the right to debit the
amount that has been credited to a customer’s CASA if any fraud of Smiley Stamp is detected.
14. DBS’ decision on all matters relating to the Promotion is final. No correspondence or claims will be entertained.
15. DBS may vary these Terms and Conditions or suspend or terminate the Promotion without any notice or liability to any
Deposit Insurance Scheme
Singapore dollar deposits of non-bank depositors and monies and deposits denominated in Singapore dollars under the
Supplementary Retirement Scheme are insured by the Singapore Deposit Insurance Corporation, for up to S$50,000 in
aggregate per depositor per Scheme member by law. Monies and deposits denominated in Singapore dollars under the
CPF Investment Scheme and CPF Minimum Sum Scheme are aggregated and separately insured up to S$50,000 for
each depositor per Scheme member. Foreign currency deposits, dual currency investments, structured deposits and
other investment products are not insured.